Monday, August 4, 2014

Lily's First Year of Coach Pitch

Lily played coach pitch baseball this summer during June and July with the YMCA.  She had practices every Thursday night and games on Saturday mornings.  Jason helped at the games when he could.  She looked like a real ball player in her uniform and cleats!  We bought her a new glove, and maybe next year we'll get her a bat...if she continues to like it.  I think she liked it, but she woke up one Saturday and said to me, "I don't feel like playing baseball today mom!"  My dad came to that game and when Lily saw him, she yelled from the field, "Hi PaPa!  Is it time for my birthday party yet?!"  Hhmmmm....I think her 5 year old brain is somewhere else other than on the field!  I enjoyed watching her play, and I have to remind myself that she is only 5 (almost 6) and that she might not like sports and that is okay.  As much as I want them both to play softball and love sports, they are their own individuals with their own likes and  dislikes.






















No comments: