We had our 20 week ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. We did not find out what we were having when I was pregnant with the girls, and Jason didn't want to know with this one either. The girls didn't even want to know. They said they wanted to be surprised at Christmas time. I was the only one who wanted to find out. If baby was due any other time than Christmas and if I wasn't having C-section, I would have waited to find out. I wanted things ready to go when baby comes since it baby is due at a very busy time of year.
We didn't want to find out in the ultrasound room. We decided to have a mini family reveal party. I made a box ahead of time and I contacted Hy Vee to see if they could fill it after the ultrasound with either pink or blue balloons. No problem. The girls came to the ultrasound with us, the tech placed a picture of baby in an envelope and wrote down baby's gender, we took the box and envelope to Hy Vee and told them to fill it with balloons according to the gender, got a call an hour later saying it was ready, met my friend at the Arbor Gate Park in our neighborhood and she captured this very special moment for us on camera with some amazing pictures! It was important to me to have this moment with just my family. After all, when you are in the OR or the delivery room that is a moment that you share only with your spouse, and I wanted this to be no different.
As you can see from the photos...we are having a baby BOY! People have asked me if I'm disappointed that we found out...absolutely NOT. I never would have seen Jason's reaction in the operating room. It was AWESOME! He is thrilled to be having a son, and I am too. Avery cried because she wanted a baby sister, but she got over real quick when I told her she could keep Bunny now because a baby boy wouldn't want a pink bunny. Lily is pretty excited, and she will be such a big helper. Jason already has the nursery painted for the little guy and we have pretty much gotten rid of all of our girl clothes that have been stored in totes and taking up space. Avery likes to sit by me and feel the baby move. She is the only one patient enough to wait for him to kick or punch.
In less than 4 months our house will have a little bit of BLUE added to it and we couldn't be more excited to meet HIM!
Mommy, Daddy, Lily and Avery can't wait to meet you little brother!!




No comments:
Post a Comment