I could have kept Avery in a crib a lot longer, but we decided it was time for her to get a big girl bed. We knew that Lily and Avery would share a room in the future, so we got bunk beds and they share a room NOW (and NO, there is NOT another one on the way)! My parents were kind enough to let us store Lily's twin bed in their basement, so I didn't have to get rid of it.
We took the girls to Nebraska Furniture Mart last week to help pick out their new bed. You would have thought we took them to World's of Fun by the way they acted. They were jumping on all of the beds...I could have beat their little bottoms! We picked out bunk beds and a new mattress for Avery. Jason spent his Saturday night putting the beds together, and I spent time rearranging the "decor". We still have a little work to do in the room, but it is coming together nicely. Lily sleeps on the top bunk and little Avers sleeps like a big girl on the bottom bunk.
I waited up on the couch after the girls went to sleep the first night. Avery came down several times before falling asleep. The first time she had to tell me, "ummmm, I love you Mommy." The next time she wanted some milk. The third time she said, "will you way wiff me Mommy?" I laid with her for a few minutes and she was out. Nap time hasn't been terrible, but they talk and tell each other stories before finally falling asleep. It's pretty cute listening to them talk at night. The two of them are very different. They fight non-stop, but they are best buddies too...love them both!
No comments:
Post a Comment