If you are wondering why I am posting all of these in one day it is because I'm home with a sick kiddo and I'm home with a corneal abrasion on my left eye. I'm trying to use my time wisely and get caught up on this blog for the girls. I need to get the books ordered for their upcoming birthdays. The glare from the computer is too much for my eyes, so picture me sitting here typing away wearing sunglasses! If you have ever had a corneal abrasion then you know how painful they are and how very light sensitive you become until it heals! Even after one day of antibiotic ointment it is slightly better, but still red, watery and painful. Now back to the blog!
I don't run often with the girls, but I've started taking them more than I used to. I think it is good for them to get outside and to be active and to see the same in their parents. Lily is always asking to ride her bike, and there isn't a good spot on our street for her to ride. I took Lily and Avery to Lake Zorinsky last weekend so Lily could ride her bike there. I thought it would be good for her to just be able to GO! I pushed Avery in the jogging stroller while Lily rode. She needs a new bike (probably will get one for her upcoming birthday). Her poor knees were all bruised from the tops of her legs hitting the handle bars. She did well for the first mile, and then she kinda crapped out. It was busy with lots of cyclists, and if you have ever been at Zorinsky they ZOOM by! It scared her each time someone zipped by her. She would just freeze, and it was hard to manage Avery in the stroller and then grab Lily on her bike to get her out of the way. She eventually just rode into the grass and stopped with each passing cyclist.
Cute story...Lily was coming up behind a few people walking, and I was slowly jogging behind her. I heard her yell, "On your left!" Ha! I asked her where she heard that and she said, "that's what they yell at me when they pass me." It was so funny, but she was correct in saying that. It is biking courtesy to announce your presence when you come up behind someone.
Anyway, we did the 3.1 mile loop of the lake and it shouldn't have taken us nearly as long as it did. At one point, Lily sat down on a bench and said, "this was the worst idea ever mom!" I think 3.1 miles was too far for her first time, but I'm proud of her for finishing it. Her little sister cheered her on from the stroller! I took Avery out in the jogger on Monday night. We did 8 miles, and I think it was too long for her to be outside...she told me she had a headache when we got home and puked twice shortly after that. She woke up the next morning with a fever?? Who knows if it was related to being outside too long or not?? I could understand the headache and maybe throwing up from being too hot, but not the fever.
She has had ENOUGH she says!



No comments:
Post a Comment