On Sunday, August 11th, Jason and I celebrated 6 years of marriage and my mom and dad celebrated 41 years! 6 years ago I thought it would be neat to get married on my parent's 35th anniversary. I didn't have kids then, and I couldn't appreciate the value of a free babysitter! It is fun to share an anniversary with your mom and dad, but now we never have a babysitter (a free one) to go out and celebrate!
I put a post on Facebook asking where we should go out to eat. Lots of people responded with a lot of great sounding restaurants, but when the day was drawing to an end we decided to spend it with the girls. Jason spent the day organizing the girls clothes (a task that I did NOT want to do), and I cleaned the bathrooms. I'm pretty sure I got the better deal! Everyone was ready to get out of the house, so we went and played putt putt golf. We hadn't played in a long time, and the girls had never played. Everyone picked a colored ball and picked out their club and we were on our way to the course! Lily was up first, and would you believe she hit a HOLE IN ONE on her very first try?! She almost got one on her second hole too...what the heck?! I told Jason the story about my first time golfing on a par 3 course in Clear Lake, Iowa. I hit the ball and we couldn't find it. My dad, brother and I looked everywhere...except in the hole. YUP...I hit a hole in one on my first par 3 hole! I said Lily takes after her mom! Avery wasn't as interested in the golfing. We turned our heads to find her jumping in the bounce cage...she snuck right in...didn't pay. Oh well...she was happy.
I was really impressed with Lily and how she did. She was excited about it and she did really well. She didn't throw any fits (her little sister threw enough for the both of them). I think we'd take Lily again, but not so sure about the little one. Jason did okay, but mom needs to brush up on her skills for sure! It was a fun little family outing...something different. I think it was better than paying a babysitter plus paying for a meal!? Jason may disagree??
Big smiles after her HOLE IN ONE!
Her second shot!
Little One and her daddy playing some putt putt



No comments:
Post a Comment