This is week three of daycare and it is still not going well. Lily now knows something is up the second I pull into the neighborhood...she starts to look around and then she starts to cry when I turn onto the street. This morning she kept saying, "No, No, No" when I was getting her out of her carseat. She was crying and had her head buried into my shoulder. Talk about tearing out a mommy's heart. It takes all I have to keep it together until I get back to the car. She cries big huge tears and doesn't want me to leave her there. We even brought some of her favorite snacks today so she could share them with her "friends". Her teacher said she passed them out to everyone, but then she wouldn't eat any herself. Hmmmmm. This is week three and Lily still won't eat or drink a single thing the entire time she is there. This worries me now that it is 90 degrees outside and they are playing outside and she won't drink. Why is this? I guess today was a little better. Lily did have a period of an hour and a half where she played and didn't cry. Everyone keeps telling me it WILL get better and that she WILL adjust, but it is so hard when it is your baby having to go through this. I just hope she isn't scared the whole time she is there. It is hard for me this week too because I am HOME this week and she doesn't need to be there, but I am paying for it and I don't want to ruin any forward progress that she may have made already. I think her adjustment would be quicker and easier if she went everyday, but she only goes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and so by the time five days pass and we get back to the next Tuesday it is almost like starting all over again. I just don't get it. She loves to play with other kids...she goes up to complete strangers at the park and hugs them! She loves to swing and slide and she won't even try it at daycare. I'm sure its because at the park she knows mommy and daddy or Ma and Pa Mike are RIGHT there and at daycare nobody is coming to get her for a long time. She hates it, I hate it...any suggestions? Helpful hints?

1 comment:
Oh Missy - I'm sorry - that totally stinks. I don't have much advice - Lauren was so much younger when I took her to daycare so I didn't have to go through any of this. Just remember that whatever you decide, she won't remember ANY of this.
Post a Comment