Thursday, July 9, 2009

Missed but Not Forgotten

I wish I would have posted on the 4th of July, but I was at work without my little girl. Jason took Lily back to Newcastle and to McCook Lake, SD for the 4th. I had to work the 3rd-the morning of the 9th so they packed up and had a nice Daddy-Daughter vacation. I cried and cried as I watched them pulling out of the driveway. I have never been away from her for that many days. Even though I missed her dearly, it was nice to be able to come home after work and get some much needed uninterrupted sleep only to have to get back up and go to work again...for 5 nights straight! I hate doing 3 shifts in a row and I thought 5 was just about going to kill me! Unless you have worked nights...not many people understand the life of a nightshifter! Anyway, Lily had a good time with her Daddy and with her cousins and Grandma Romaine. To my surprise Lily came home a day early! I was expecting them home on Wednesday sometime, and they came home to see me before I left for work on Tuesday night. It was AWESOME to see her toothy smiley face again! I missed her more than she'll ever know. I was so worried that she wouldn't remember me when she got back, but she knew exactly who her mommy was! It was the best to see her little face light up. It broke my heart again though because she started to cry when I left for work that night. The poor thing probably wonders why mommy leaves all the time at night. One day she will understand that I do it for her so she doesn't have to go to daycare.

The pictures I am posting are from the morning of the 4th before they left...Daddy didn't take a single picture of her while they were gone...bad Daddy! Jason tells me that she loved the fireworks...wish I had a picture!

No comments: