Tuesday, July 14, 2009

10 Months and a Trip to the Doctor

Lily celebrated her 10 month birthday on Sunday with many diaper changes, wardrobe changes and baths. The poor kiddo had some major episodes of diarrhea...running down her legs to her toes, on the carpet, in her carseat...EVERYWHERE! This started on Saturday and increased on Sunday and then we were down to only one stool on Monday. However, on Monday, she did not eat a single thing all day. She drank 2 bottles, but no solids. At 3pm Maddie was holding Lily in her lap and I tried to give her a bite of cheese. Usually, when all else fails in the food department, she will eat cheese...she LOVES cheese. Well, she took the bite of cheese and instantly projectile vomited. It was all over Maddie, all over me, all over Lily and all over the floor. It just kept spouting out of her. Jason quick tried to catch it with a blanket. I hurried her into the bathroom and she then started to cry a little. As soon as the vomiting stopped I put her in the tub and got her all cleaned up. You would have never guessed she didn't feel good. As soon as she hit the tub she was crawling around in the water and playing with her toys. She was babbling and talking like usual. At this point I was in tears and on the phone with the Dr. I called the Dr.'s office at 3:10pm and we had her there at 3:45 for an appointment...I was very impressed with this! Just as I could have guessed...probably some sort of stomach bug that needs to just run its course. We were instructed to back off of the solids and formula for 24-48 hours and to just give her pedialyte as she will take it. We were given instructions as to when and if she would need to be seen again. I am a Mommy who gets very frustrated when my daughter won't eat...I keep trying until I can get her to eat something because I worry that she doesn't get enough. My worries were set aside today when Lily was weighed. One month ago Lily weighed 20lbs. and 6 ounces. Today, she weighed in at almost 2 lbs. heavier. She weighed exactly 22 lbs! I guess a day of only pedialyte won't hurt her. Anyways...that is what is going on in our neck of the woods. I hope her little body rids itself of this nasty bug soon!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Poor Lily! I hope she's feeling better!

I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one who worries when they don't eat enough (or what I think isn't enough)...it's probably the number one thing I worry about.