At the last minute, I decided to register for the Corporate Cup 10K. I went with my friend, Jess, and her husband, Kevin. I ran waaaaaayyyy behind them, but was able to meet back up with them after the race. This was a tough course because of all of the hills, but a very pretty course. It started in Stinson Park in Aksarben and it was run through Elmwood Park and the UNO campus. The old course was downtown and very ugly. The nice thing about the old course was that it was fast and flat...not the case with the new course! For being 26 weeks pregnant, I felt pretty good! I ran it in 1:02:01 or a 9:52 pace per mile. It is 2 minutes per mile slower than my fastest 10K, which is to be expected this far along :)
I have run through this entire pregnancy and I truly believe that is why I feel so good and why this one has been the easiest so far. The best news is that I passed my one hour glucose test...I've NEVER passed the one hour test and I had gestational diabetes with Avery. It pays to exercise! I've been able to maintain my workouts 4-6 days a week and I've included running, spinning, weight lifting, HIIT class and I'm starting to do a little bit more of the elliptical. I haven't updated much on this pregnancy, but I think that is because its been pretty uneventful.


No comments:
Post a Comment