I got home from the gym last night and Lily and Jason were wrestling. Jason said Lily got up and was trying to run away from him, and he grabbed her, she lost her balance and hit the corner of the wall. I was downstairs on the computer and I hear a thunk and instant screaming. Lily was screaming and Jason was screaming at me to come upstairs. I picked her up and got her into the kitchen so I could see her face. I knew instantly that we needed to get to the ER. She had a gash in her eyebrow and blood running down her face. We got both girls in their jammies and off we went. I said to Jason that I was certain she would need stitches, and Lily heard me and just kept saying, "I don't want stitches, I don't want stitches" through her tears. Avery must have been scared (she didn't see it happen, but must have heard the crying) and she hid. Poor kid.
Lily was brave and she held ice on it the whole way to Children's Hospital. We waited for about an hour before getting called back the first time. A nurse weighed Lily and when she weighed in at 54 pounds, the nurse said, "Geez...you need to stop feeding that kid!" Whatever lady, look at her, she is gigantically tall and thin. Anyways, I held Lily's hand as they put a topical numbing gel on her cut. She didn't cry at all. They sent us back out to the waiting room to let the gel set in so the doctor could clean it up and decide whether she needed stitches or glue.
Another hour passed by, and we were called back again. The kids were doing really good. It was past dinner time and they settled for some vending machine snacks and they made friends with another little girl in the waiting room. A different nurse put some more numbing gel on her head, and the doctor came into see her. When he said he could glue it, Lily said, "YAY!" The gel needed to set another 20 minutes, and of course another 45 minutes later the doc came in and glued her up. No tears at the hospital...so proud of her! When the doctor was done, she sat up and thanked him. Finally, we were out of there at 10:30 pm. The Dermabond will stay on for 5-10 days and come off on its own. We can't get it wet, which means no swimming at school for her tomorrow. She is a trooper and she did great! Jason feels bad, but hey, accidents happen!
I must add that Avery did great, as well. She was content with her orange juice and Cheezits. She stood right by me and watched the doctor fix up her big sister.
The ouchie
Waiting with the numbing gel on
Making friends in the waiting room
Watching TV while waiting for the doctor
All glued back together again






No comments:
Post a Comment