Today my little girl started pre-school...yes...pre-school. Where has the time gone? Am I old enough to have a school aged child? I guess I am! She attends the Armbrust Family YMCA pre-school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Avery and I took her today and Avery thought she was going too and was so sad when she couldn't stay! I put Avery in the YCare while I worked out and the poor thing cried the entire time. A nice lady held her and rocked her until I picked her up. When I asked her why she was so sad she said "Lily." I asked her if she missed her big sister and she shook her head YES...melted my heart. They are little buddies, and I honestly never thought how it would affect Avery. They always go to YCare together and Avery noticed when her sissy wasn't there. We still had an hour to spend until we could pick Lily up, so Avery and I went to the park and hung out...just the two of us. It is nice to have some one on one time with each child once in a while, and I think it is very important.
Lily was so excited to start school. Everyday last week she would ask "Mom, do I go to school today?" She walked in like a big girl and went right up to a little girl and played play-dough with her. I bent down and whispered into her ear that I loved her very much and that I was so proud of her. If I would have spoke any louder she would have heard the tears in my voice, and I didn't want her to see my tears. Her daddy would have been there too, but my battery is dead in my car and I had to take him to work this morning so there was no way for him to get there. He felt really bad. Lily knows her daddy is very proud of her! When I picked her up she had a HUGE smile on her face, but the little monkey wouldn't tell me what she did. We picked up her papers from her folder and went through them when we got home. She made a little hand painting (that I will probably keep forever) and she brought her September calendar home. Guess that they are doing next Tuesday???? Celebrating Lily K's 4th birthday! She can't wait! I feel bad because she is the oldest in her class. She missed being in the 4-5 year old class by 11 days. If she would have turned 4 by September 1st she would have been in the next class up. Oh well. If she would have moved up she would have been the youngest, and I think being older might be better?? I think she is going to love school. Mom loves it because I can get my running done in the morning, spend some quality time with Avery and come home and get stuff done (or catch up on the blog)!
Meet the teacher night last Monday
Lily and her teacher Miss Sasha at meet the teacher night
Had to get this one...they love the turtle at the Y
First day of pre-school!
Walking to her classroom
Really mom...another picture?
Mommy and Avery time at the park
September 4th 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment