Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Husker Football Kickoff

My little Husker Fans!  Jason and I were fortunate enough to have gotten to go to the first Husker game of the year...thanks to my mom and dad.  My dad usually takes my niece or nephew, but this time he took us!  The lady who has the seats next to his said "You need to bring them more often, I really like them!" To which my dad replies "Maybe in another 10 years!" 
My parents picked us up at 10:00am and we got to Lincoln around 11:00.  We ate lunch and enjoyed some adult beverages at Old Chicago.  It was hotter than heck out, but we still walked around for what felt like FOREVER before the game started. We went to the bookstore, around the University, and to Jason's brother's tailgate (Matt, Sabina and Miles were there).  It was fun running into them.  We headed into the stadium around 2:00pm.  I am a Husker fan, but not a die hard one as many Nebraskan's are.  I like football and I  like to see them win, but most of all I just like the atmosphere.  It is a fun time of year and there is nothing quite like Memorial Stadium on Husker game day!  We had a blast and we owe a HUGE THANK YOU to Jessica and Kevin for watching the girls all day!  As if her two kiddos aren't enough to manage!
 
HUSKERS 49
Southern Miss Golden Eagles 20
 
THANKS MOM AND DAD!




 Look who we found!






 Tunnel Walk



 Extra point after the first score...TD on the 3rd play of the game.









 

No comments: