Last week was not a fun one in the Kneifl household! Jason escaped the illness, but the rest of us got it. Avery started the weekend before out with a slight fever. I gave her some Motrin and she was fine. Lily came home from daycare on Tuesday crying with a tummy ache. She was sitting on the couch and all of a sudden started SCREAMING that her tummy hurt...the she puked. She felt better after a bath and some cuddle time. She ran a temp throughout the night, but woke up feeling better.
We all went about our ways, routines, schedules on Wednesday. I worked Wednesday night until Thursday afternoon at noon. I came home and went to bed and woke up with a fever and SHAKING chills. I couldn't warm up so I slept in a hot bath. I had horrible body aches, stomach ache, and zero energy. I slept all of Thursday night and woke up Friday with fevers and chills and body aches so I called in sick to work for Friday night. Avery wasn't acting herself on Thursday. She was whiny and crying most of the evening. I was in bed and let Jason deal with her. I heard from downstairs, "I need a little help here!" By the time I got out of bed Jason had Avery in bathroom with a bath running. Poor little thing threw up everywhere! He got her bathed and in her jammies, and 20 minutes later I hear her crying again. She threw up again! She spent the rest of the night in bed with me. She was feeling pretty crummy on Friday, but they were both better by the weekend. I worked Saturday night and felt like poo on Sunday again. My throat started hurting and I still had fevers. Finally, by Tuesday of this week I felt pretty much 100% again. I ran on Monday and Tuesday, but it hurt to breathe, and I still didn't have a whole lot of energy, but the fevers were gone.
We were supposed to have Jason's brother and his family (in town from California) stay at our house last Thursday, but due to the sicky ickys in the house it wasn't a good idea! Jason was supposed to take the girls to the farm last weekend to see everyone, but couldn't do that either. Finally, they will head to the farm tonight to see the fam! We are glad to have this behind us!
No comments:
Post a Comment