On August 11th Jason and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! My mom and dad celebrated their 40th on the same day! Jason and I have been together for over 10 years and we have made some pretty amazing memories together and I can't wait for what the next 5 years will bring to us and our family. I hope to get to the 40 year mark with him! I celebrated with a 20 mile run in the morning. I had planned on getting up before anybody else, but he was already up at 5:30 and Avery woke up just as I was getting dressed. Avery snuggled with her daddy and I headed out the door. It was 60 degrees and perfect out the entire run! Five years ago was also when I was training for my first marathon...feels great to be back there today!
I got home and we opened up our gifts to each other. He knows me well...I got an Under Armour running outfit...pants and tank! PERFECT! He got a gift card to Husker Hounds...gotta have new gear for the new season! We spent the rest of the afternoon doing some much needed cleaning and de-cluttering of our house (my sister came over this morning and would beg to differ...her idea of clean is much differnt than my idea of clean!). Feels good to have it done! I took a little nap with the girls, and I'm sure Jason could have used one, but by the time he laid down it was time to get ready for the evening.
We went out to dinner at the Bonefish Grille and it was delicious and they gave us a FREE dessert! A coworker of mine and her son watched the girls and they had a blast! So cute to hear that a 16 year old boy played dress up, princess and ballerina with my babies...love it!
My parents have been celebrating all week long...they went to the Lake of the Ozarks on Tuesday and Wednesday and then they met up with my brother and sister and their families on Thursday for a weekend in Kansas City. We would have loved to have gone with, but we were just there a few weeks ago and this is a busy month at work. Oh well...we had a great day and I can't wait for what the future holds for our family!
I had to reminisce back to our honeymoon...pictures below...we hope to get back there someday!
August 11th, 2007
Honeymoon in Riviera Maya Mexico
I love you Jason Kneifl!

















No comments:
Post a Comment