Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy FIRST Birthday to my BABY Girl!

Dear Avery,
Happy first birthday sweet, sweet baby girl!  Mommy isn't late with your letter this month...in fact...I'm 48 minutes early!  This time last year at 9:11pm you entered this world.  I remember hearing your precious cry for the very first time, and it instantly brought me to tears.  I had just delivered another beautiful baby GIRL.  I remember just like it was yesterday when daddy said to me, "It's another beautiful baby girl."  I was thrilled to have a SECOND daughter.  I knew that you and your big sister, Lily, would grow up to be the best of friends.  It is amazing how this new little life that wasn't here a few minutes ago now just seems to fit so perfectly into our family.  It was like you were meant for us and as if you were with us all along.  There is a quote from an unknown author that says "A daughter is a gift of love."  You are every bit of this.  God blessed me with the most precious gift the day you were born.  You have filled our lives with so much love this past year, and I can't wait to see what the next year brings to us.  You and your sister are my treasures in this life. 
I was telling your daddy the other night that 9-11 is very special to our family.  Daddy proposed to me on 9/11, I was induced with your big sister on 9/11, and you were born at 9:11.  Pretty amazing huh?
We celebrated your first birthday at  Vala's Pumpkin Patch.  You were surrounded by lots of family and friends who love you very much, and those who couldn't be there sent their wishes to you in the form of emails, texts, cards,gifts and phone calls.  You woke up this morning at 6:30 and I couldn't wait to scoop you up out of your bed and sing to you.  You had the funniest little smile on your face...kind of like...what the heck mom?!  Why are you singing to me at this hour?  We had a bottle on the couch and then you fell back to sleep in my arms on the couch.  Daddy brought you your very first McDonald's cheeseburger home for lunch today, but you had just eaten your fruits and veggies so you didn't even try any of it.  We took you to a new restaurant in Omaha to celebrate tonight...Cheddar's.  You shared your sister's grilled cheese and french fries.  You had your very first taste of chocolate milk and I think it's fair to say you LOVED it!  GaGa and Papa came over to sing happy birthday to you and to watch you DEVOUR your birthday cake!  I hope your day was as special as you are little Avery Gracie.  I would write to you all day long, but you are at my feet...I suppose you know its time to now open your presents.
 
What you are doing at ONE YEAR OLD:
~eating mostly table foods
~favorite foods are mac and cheese, cheese roll-ups, pizza, yogurt, cheetos, ice cream, bananas, chocolate pudding, ham and cheese sandwich
~you wear size 12-18 month clothes
~still in size 3 diapers
~take 2-3 short naps a day
~wake up once a night
~stopped nursing exactly 2 weeks ago and have taken formula since(you knew when you were done and just weren't interested anymore)
~will try your first WHOLE milk  before bed
~walk around furniture
~finally crawl on all fours
~drink from a sippy during the day and bottle at night and middle of the night
~can say dadda, momma, MINE, more, and up
~love, love, love your big sissy (and love to harass her!)
~have a bit of a temper (just a bit :))
~love to rock and cuddle with mommy every night and before naps
~still suck your thumb with your snuggly blanket (so stinkin cute)
~finally wear shoes
You have your one year check-up with Dr.Russell next Monday so mommy will post again then.  I love you higher than the sky and deeper than the sea little girl.  Thank you for being my daughter.  As always, you put a smile on my face and in my heart.
Love,
Mommy

No comments: