Friday, December 10, 2010

Lily's Christmas Party





Lily and Avery with the Santa and Mrs. Claus and their teachers Stephanie and Becci

Last night was Lily's daycare Christmas party.  We talked about it all week long and she was so excited to go and she had SO MUCH FUN!  She was so busy playing with all of her friends that she didn't even eat any of her pizza.  Her party was at Sam and Louie's Pizza just right up the street from our house.  Santa and Mrs. Claus even made a special visit to all of the kids and delivered some presents a little early.  Lily and Avery both got presents and they both sat on Santa's lap.  This was a first for Avery and Lily's third time meeting Santa.  I'm still not sure exactly what Lily thought of him.   She crawled right up into his lap, but then she just kind of sat there and stared at him in an uncertain kind of way.  It was pretty cute none the less! 

We have been so pleased with her new daycare.  I feel comfortable dropping her off there in the mornings, and I know that she has fun and that she is well taken care of.  She loves to go and she comes home and tells me all about her friends there.  She talks so much more since she has been going and I have seen an improvement with how she plays with other kids.  She also enjoys going to the daycare at church on Sunday mornings too.  She used to throw a fit and cry the whole time, but now she walks right in and could care less about Mom and Dad.  Some people ask why I still send her since I am home on maternity leave, but she enjoys going and it is good for her to interact with other kids her age...and she only goes 2 days a week.  It is also nice to have time to focus on just Avery too.  I miss Lily while she is gone, and I can't wait to go pick her up at the end of the day and see her little grin and get a hug from her! 

This Sunday Lily will be in the Christmas program at Church.  I'm not sure how it is going to go.  I think more or less she will just stand up front and really do nothing.  I sing the songs to her at home, but she isn't interested.  I just hope she stays up front and behaves herself!  I will post again with how it goes!  Little Avery is just one week away from her 2 month birthday...I can't believe it!  She goes in on the 16th for her appointment and first round of shots...not looking forward to that! 



No comments: