I wasn't going to put Lily in her new room until at least August...at the earliest. I wanted to give her about a month to adjust to it. This happened a little earlier than planned, but it is going AWESOME! On Tuesday night Lily kept waking up crying and whining. Jason rocked her and we brought her into our bed but she kept whining and would not fully go back to sleep. Finally, I decided to lay in her new bed with her to see how it went. I laid with her until she fell asleep and we did not hear a peep out of her for the rest of the night. The next day I laid her down for her nap in her new bed too, and I was amazed! She laid right down, said night, night to me and slept for nearly 3 hours. She even called for me when she woke up and did not get out on her own. She has slept in her new room ever since and has done fabulous! Last night around 5:30am she did wander into our room and into our bed but I am pretty sure the thunderstorms scared her and woke her up. I had been shutting her door at night, but it gets to warm in her room so now I put the baby gate at the top of the stairs and close the other door upstairs (ours stays open) and we have a night light in her room and in the hallway...so far so good! I will post pictures of her new room soon...I have just a few more tiny details to do in there.

1 comment:
That's so great that Lily is doing so well with her new room and bed!!
I'm dreading this transition...
Post a Comment