The wedding party
Dancing at the reception
Last weekend of course we celebrated July 4th. I was thrilled because this was my first one off in 5 years! Most importantly on July 3rd we celebrated the marriage of Lily's Uncle Randy and her new Aunt Jeanne. Randy is Jason's oldest brother. Lily and Jason headed up to Newcastle on Thursday night and I met them up there on Friday after work. Friday night was the rehearsal dinner and the big wedding celebration was on Saturday the 3rd. I know Jason had a good time and I know Lily did as well, but I'm not going to lie...being 6 months pregnant in the middle of summer and having to chase a toddler around for 2 days by myself made more work than fun at times for me. Don't get me wrong...I had a good time too but it was a lot of work and made for one tired mommy! We are thankful that we were able to be there for them on their special day!
In the lake with cousins
Lily with Aunt Trina and Uncle John
Lighting fireworks with Dad
On Sunday July 4th we slept in and took a nap at Grandma Romaine's house, and then we packed up and headed up to McCook Lake, SD to Jason's step-sisters lake house. Lily swam in the lake with her daddy and her cousins and she loved it! We enjoyed good food, fun with family and a little bit of fireworks before we made the trip back to Omaha. Lily was a tired little girl and slept the whole way home. We got home around 9:30pm and I woke her up when we pulled into the driveway so she could see some of the "big" fireworks in the neighborhood...she loved them and didn't want to come back inside!






















No comments:
Post a Comment