Monday, January 25, 2010

Mommy is Thirty!

Breakfast in bed
Visiting Grandma Paces (Lily's Great Grandma)
Cookie Cake from Jessica and Kevin
Helping Mommy blow the candles out
Can you see Lily's owie under her eye?

Turning thirty wasn't so bad at all. Actually I wasn't even dreading the day...anymore birthday's are just another day on the calendar. My thirtieth birtday was probably the best birthday I have ever had. I was surprised by Jason the night before when he told me he took the day off of work. It is always nice to have him home...we both work 12 hour shifts and those make for very LONG days sometimes when you are stuck inside with a toddler! I always tell him he has it so easy...she sleeps all night when I am at work which means he gets to sleep too! Anyway, I was awakened by both Lily and Jason on my birthday with breakfast in bed. It wasn't just a cup of coffee and some cereal...it was the works! (picture attached). He got up early, as did Lily, and they were in the kitchen cooking and I didn't even hear them. It was WONDERFUL! We spent the day doing some shopping, visiting my Grandma Paces, and going out to dinner with my family. It was so nice to spend with the ones I love the most. I was even sent a surprise by one of my very bestest (is that a word?) Jessica in the afternoon. We had just pulled in the driveway when a car pulled in behind us. I asked Jason who it was and he didn't know so we kind of just ignored the man...until he got out of the car and asked if I was Missy. I said yes, and he said Happy Birthday! Jessica and Kevin had sent me a cookie cake...it was delicious! Thanks guys! I think children make everyday more special, but especially thirtieth birthdays :)

No comments: