Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Walking to my car headed back to work!
Hard to see here but the street was taller than me

Day one, it is now much taller

No snow on the driveway, but back into 4 feet of snow on the streets
Backyard
Neighbors house
Front Yard
Backyard

Can you say SNOW!? The weather man was right with this storm. It just kept coming and coming and coming and then it just kept blowing and blowing and blowing! Don't get me wrong, I do love the snow, but it is just not as enjoyable when you have to go to work and can't stay home to cuddle in jammies with hot cocoa. I made it to work just fine Christmas Eve night. Christmas morning was what created the problem for most people. I stayed at work for 16 hours because it was so hard for people to get in on time on Christmas Day. The main roads were fine, but oh my, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the neighborhoods! I'm thankful that staff made it in at all! We do have quite the crew at work though...nothing is impossible and where there is a will there is a way! Jason was supposed to work Christmas Day, but there was no way to get out of the driveway or the neighborhood. He had Lily all bundled up in the truck and he ventured out and after the 5th time of getting stuck he said enough is enough and had to call in. What do you do? I drove home just fine from the hospital until I got to our neighborhood. I got my car stuck of course and Jason came outside to rescue me and got it stuck even worse. I trudged back inside through snow up past my waist and some neighbors helped Jason to get my car unstuck and to a safe place where I'd be able to get out again a few hours later to go back to work. I still can't believe how much the snow drifted! Our street was not plowed until Sunday afternoon and we had to park in a neighbors driveway Saturday night. I walked with Lily across the street in snow once again up past my waist. Our backyard is as high as the neighbor's fence. It is crazy, but so fun to see...I can't wait to go play in it!

No comments: