Jason and I traveled to Sacramento, California this past weekend for his brother's wedding. Lily's Uncle Gary got married to Becky Lefevere, and Lily is so happy to have a new Aunt! The wedding was beautiful and we are so happy for the newly married couple. Lily had her first airplane rides and I am still AMAZED at how well she did. Jason and I got many compliments from people on the plane about how well she did. She is quite the little traveler. Jason and I were worried about her ears hurting, but she never cried...not even once! She was tired after getting to our hotel in Sacramento and was fussy, but she had a long day of traveling and getting up early. I was happy with how well she adjusted to the 2 hour time difference and also with how she adjusted to it after getting back home. While in California Lily got her first taste of swimming...I wish I had a picture of it, but I didn't get one. She didn't get to actually go swimming, but she did like putting her little feet in the water. Some of Jason's family went to Lake Tahoe for a day, but we decided not to go along. I figured the least amount of traveling was better for Lily. Lily's cousin Justin stayed in our room each night we were there and every time Lily would get up to eat Justin got up with her...not because she woke him up but because he wanted to...he is really good with Lily and just likes to play with her. What a GREAT cousin! Lily had a great time with all of her Kneifl cousins and family.
Today has been spent just hanging out at home as we are all tired from the trip. Jason has done a great job today getting all of the Christmas decorations out and the tree up...we will decorate the tree tonight or tomorrow night as a family for the first time! I'm a little sad as this is my last week at home with Lily. I go back to work next Wednesday and I'm NOT looking forward to it at all! These last few months at home with her have been wonderful. I feel like I have really gotten to know and bond with my little girl. She changes so much in even just a single day. She is a real joy in our lives and her mommy and daddy are so proud of her and we love her so very much!





No comments:
Post a Comment