Monday, April 2, 2012

First Zoo Trip of the Season

Jason took the day off last Friday so I could sleep.  There have been way too many days that I have had to stay up for 30+ hours with the girls, so he offered to take a vacation day so I didn't have to stay awake all day with them after working all night.  When he said he was going to take them to the zoo, I was like "I'm going too!"  He said, "I thought I'm home so you can sleep."  Well, yes, he was, but Avery hadn't been to the zoo since she was tiny and I knew she would really like it at her age and I wasn't going to miss it!  I got home from work around 9:30am and we were off for the zoo by 10:00.  It was bEaUtIfUl outside and we couldn't have asked for more perfect weather to be outside in.  Lily really wanted to see the sharks in the Aquarium, but it is closed for remodeling and additions until this Thursday.  She was okay with that and we headed off into the jungle!  I think a favorite of the day was playing at the playground and the polar bears.  Lily also liked the giraffes (she says they look like daddy), and she entered a contest to name the new baby girl giraffe that was born a few weeks ago.  Any guesses on what she named her???  Girl BARBIE...I'm surprised she didn't name it after a Disney Princess.  Avery wanted to walk most of the time and she actually did really well.  She had her bunny in hand (it goes everywhere with us) and she even walked up one of the giant hills by herself!  I think she did better than I did...I was getting a little crabby towards the end of our visit!



 Lily holding an armadillo shell.




 Watching the bears.


 She is not afraid of anything...my little monkey!


 Tired baby girl.
 Best buddies.


 They walked up the BIG hill all by themselves!

 Love her...

 Lily looks after her baby sister and it melts mommy's heart.
 Bunny is always in hand...no matter where we go.


 Watching the fishies before we say goodbye.


No comments: