Lily has had a runny nose/cold for almost 2 weeks now. Just yesterday she started in with a nasty cough. She sounds like a freight train when she sleeps and the poor thing can hardly breathe at night. I have been thinking all along she may have some seasonal allergies and that now the cough is just from some post nasal drainage. She coughs all night long though and can't sleep. Last night I made a trip to Hy-Vee just before midnight and found that there is nothing you can give a 2 year old for a cough. Everything is for 4-6 years and older. When I got home she was in bed with Jason and was still coughing horribly. She was coughing so hard and couldn't stop that she then threw up EVERYWHERE! Poor Jason took the brunt of it since he was holding her. It was in the sheets, the comforter, pillows, her jammies, all over Jason, the floor and some in the toilet. I think it scared her because she started to cry. I grabbed her up and put her in the shower with me hoping that the hot humid steam would help some. Must have because she slept the rest of the night in her own bed...after watching Elmo with mommy on the couch until 1:00am.
She woke up again this morning coughing and crying and couldn't stop and could hardly breathe, so I called her pediatrician. Her Dr. was out of the office, but we got in right away with another Dr. Lily did so good. She answered all of his questions by herself and she let him listen to her lungs, look in her ears and in her mouth without a fuss. Her lungs sounded fine, throat looked good, and ears looked good. Dr. thinks it may just be allergies (just what mom said) or maybe a sinus infection starting. He called her in a prescription for a safe antihistamine/decongestant for a 2 year old. I picked it up and attempted to give Lily her first dose...lets just say she may have gotten a 1/4 of what she should have! She spit it out right away and said, "UCKY!" I'm just hoping that she is feeling better by Tuesday so she can be the first one to meet her baby brother/sister. We are thankful for no fevers and that she has really been a healthy kid for the past 2 years!
For the record...she weighed exactly 29 pounds today...still growing!
No comments:
Post a Comment