20 Weeks 4 Days
Jason and I went to our ultrasound appointment yesterday and all is well and healthy with Baby Kneifl. Good thing we didn't want to know the sex of the baby because the little stinker wouldn't open his/her legs or really cooperate at all during the ultrasound. I have been trying all morning to get our scanner to work to I could put the ultrasound pics on the blog, but I can't figure it out. We really only got one good picture of the arm. Baby just didn't want to turn or anything. They had me empty my bladder and push all over my stomach to see if we could get baby to turn, but no such luck. Stubborn from the start...or maybe just laidback and lazy? I'm hoping for the second! I already have my ornery and stubborn child...I don't think I can handle two of them! I've been hoping this one will be laidback like his/her daddy.
The ultrasound tech was able to get all necessary and important measurements on baby, and all looks normal and healthy. I was able to clearly see the 4 chamber beating heart, which is always cool. Baby's heartbeat was 150 beats per minute, and baby weighs just 12 ounces right now. That puts baby only in the 36th percentile for weight at this time, but I was assured it was normal. The ultrasound measured me and baby at 20 weeks and 2 days which puts my adjusted due date to October 24th...we'll see! Also, baby is breech at this time, but Dr. Norton said that there is still plenty of time for he/she to turn and with second pregnancies baby may not turn until closer to the 7th month. I'm hoping to be able to do a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesaerean), so this little peanut better turn!

No comments:
Post a Comment