Swimming at the hotel.
Pa Mike and his 2 girls.
Family pic in the Plaza.
Lily and her cousins...Jahrran and Maddie.
Jahrran, Maddie and Lily after dinner.
Lily and Mommy at the Cheesecake Factory.
Lily, Pa Mike and Daddy at Worlds of Fun.
Uncle Justin, Daddy and Maddie on the Rip Cord!
Snoopy, Lily and Mommy at Camp Snoopy.
Loving the Carousel!Last Sunday we drove down to Kansas City with my family (all but my mom because she had to work). It was a nice getaway since Jason and I hadn't been anywhere all summer due to our crazy and opposite work schedules. We arrived at our hotel early Sunday evening and we headed for the pool right away. Lily had fun playing in the water with Pa Mike, Uncle Justin, Aunt Kylie, Maddie, Jahrran and Mommy and Daddy. This has been such a weird and not so hot summer so it was fun to hit up the pool on a scorching hot day! After an hour or so of swimming we showered up and walked down to the Plaza for some dinner. Lily was so zonked from a long day of traveling and swimming that she slept right through dinner. Oh well. On Monday morning we headed to Ocean's of Fun for the day. It was 100 degrees outside and a perfect day for the water! I wish I had my camera with me on that day, but I figured it would have been more of a hassle. I missed some really great shots of Lily in her lifejacket and floatie! It took her a little while to warm up in the water, but all in all she had a good time in the Lazy River and Kiddie Pool. On Tuesday we packed the car up and headed to World's of Fun. There wasn't a lot for Lily to do this year, but for sure next year! We wandered through Camp Snoopy, but she was too little for any of the rides. The highlight of Lily's day (and mine) was the Carousel. She LOVED it! I rode with her of course, but she hung on to the pole of her horse and smiled and giggled the whole time! Pa Mike wanted to take her on the train all day, but by the time we finally made it over to it there was a 20 minute wait so we didn't go...next year we will! I was so proud of my little girl at how well she did on this trip. She had long, hot days with no naps and she was such a trooper! It is hard to believe that she will be one next month...no matter how old she gets she will ALWAYS be my BABY!
No comments:
Post a Comment